News BLOG / EVENTS / PRESSE

Data Literacy - LIA as a bridge between data and users

Data Literacy - the full potential of data lies in its competent utilization, interpretation and visualization. Geospin's Location Intelligence Assistant LIA builds the bridge between multi-layered data, high-quality analyses and users.

Try LIA for free

Data, data, data. The word is on everyone's lips, and we are also doing our part. Some are already proclaiming the beginning of a new data age. And especially now, due to the great push of the expansion of digitalization among many players, the handling of data continues to blossom. We are at a point of transition, both socially and economically.

But there is still a big gap: according to a global survey of more than 2,200 business and IT executives, only 14 % of all companies are prepared for the new data age. The remaining 86 % say they are not yet prepared for the data age. Nevertheless, 81 % percent of the executives surveyed stated that they consider data to be extremely important for their company.

But how does this gap arise in the first place and where is a need for development?

On the one hand, there is the technical infrastructure, the availability, processing and access to the data. On the other hand, there is the know-how to deal with data, the so-called data literacy. Data literacy describes the ability to turn data into knowledge. Something so fundamental that it is already considered a new part of the universal education of the future in Germany.

Data literacy is about the following points, among others:

  • asking the right questions
  • understanding which data is relevant for what purpose
  • interpreting the data in a way that makes the results meaningful
  • creating visualizations that are easy to understand by others

And it is precisely in this phase of transition that these questions seem to be of particular relevance: a study by Accenture clearly reveals that many companies would like to make broader use of data, but that this is not practicable due to a lack of data literacy.

 

But how can we close this gap?

Geospin offers a special solution for the analysis of spatial data: LIA - a Location Intelligence Assistant. LIA fills exactly this gap that arises during this phase of transition. She builds a bridge between multi-layered data, high-quality analyses and the users.

LIA stands at the intersection of information and interaction. On the one hand, this means that she has access to our entire data pool and can perform AI-trained analyses. On the other hand, she can present the results of the analyses clearly and tailored to the requirements of users in the Geospin portal.

Data

LIA covers over 3200 billion data points on 1000 data layers and masters 30 AI analysis methods - and the number is growing. LIA supports users in selecting the relevant information for their questions via a user-friendly menu. Here you can find an overview of the data that LIA currently offers.

Analyses

LIA can carry out specific analyses for certain questions and objectives. She knows which data are relevant for the results and can identify them. 

Visualization

LIA uses the Geospin Portal to visualize the data and analysis results on a map. This enables a simplified usability and the results can be interpreted immediately. This makes the analyses and data clearer and easier to understand.

With these core competencies, LIA can make location intelligence useful to a wide range of stakeholders. Through data-driven analysis, she provides important competitive advantages. Thanks to the intuitive interaction with LIA, every user can quickly reap the benefits of the data age.

 

Try LIA for free

Related Articles

Broadband expansion: fast and cost-efficient with location intelligence

Data Literacy - the full potential of data lies in its competent utilization, interpretation and visualization. Geospin's...


Topics: Location Intelligence

Sustainable Cities and Communities: Using Location Intelligence to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals

Data Literacy - the full potential of data lies in its competent utilization, interpretation and visualization. Geospin's...


Topics: Location Intelligence

Smart Mobility: With traffic forecasts to a more efficient traffic flow

Data Literacy - the full potential of data lies in its competent utilization, interpretation and visualization. Geospin's...


Topics: Location Intelligence